Saturday, November 25, 2023

FW: Hayden and The Topeka Planning Commission.

 

 


I'm using Adobe Acrobat.
You can view and comment on "smell test stinks.pdf" at: https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:VA6C2:7b2443b2-05e4-4c10-91a9-83ab081227e4

 

From: Office of Archbishop Naumann <abnoffice@archkck.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 10:26 AM
To: mcre13@gmail.com
Subject: Fwd: Hayden and The Topeka Planning Commission.

 

Hello Henry,

I am acknowledging receipt of your email. I will share it with Archbishop Naumann for his consideration.

 

Have a wonderful day!

In the peace of Christ, 

Stacy Hettinger

Executive Assistant to Archbishop Naumann

 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas <archkck@archkck.org>
Date: Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 2:29 PM
Subject: Fwd: Hayden and The Topeka Planning Commission.
To: Stacy Hettinger <abnoffice@archkck.org>

 


 

 

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Henry McClure <mcre13@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 2:20 PM
Subject: Hayden and The Topeka Planning Commission.
To: <archkck@archkck.org>

 

Most Reverend Joseph F. Naumann,

In all my 44 years of real estate I have never seen a spot zoning case that stinks let the Gas Co. and the archdiocese. spot zoning is not a good idea. There would be no different than putting a bar strip club next to one of your churches.  Although it might be a great place to find sinners the Co-location in the long run is just not a good match.

The neighbors we so distraught. I was once a metropolitan planning commissioner, and they felt so sympathetic to these people I stuck my nose in the deal. What really felt the worst about this was the gas company being a bully. I was pretty surprised that the Catholic Church was also complicit and what I felt would be making Hayden high school a less desirable place.

One of the neighbors was a Catholic, and he felt bad that some of his financial contributions to Hayden were being sold off to the highest bidder to put industrial zoning in a neighborhood. I can't confirm that the price was $500,000, but that just seems like an exorbitant payoff.

The connection between Shelly and the Chairman of planning seemed a bit incestuous. I've living in Topeka too long. The deal does not pass the smell test. 

 

--

Henry McClure 

Time kills deals

785-383-9994